Showing My Greek Pride

Chris and I stumbled upon what appeared to be the Greek Pride yesterday. He needed to go into the city to pick up his new glasses. I agreed to meet him in the city for lunch since the weather was so nice. So, I hopped on my scooter and rode into the city (I think it’s only the second time I’ve actually taken it into the heart of the city).

I found a perfect place to park it in the Back Bay then walked to the corner of Clarendon and Boylston where I was to meet Chris. But I turned right and saw that a parade was heading my way. (ARGH…the rest of this post disappeared and I’m having to start from scratch).

Where was I? Oh yeah, the parade. Contingent after contingent passed by, each announcing “Greek this” or “Greek that”…making it safe to assume this must have been some sort of Greek Pride parade.

Chris showed up and we walked up Boylston Street to eat at a Thai restaurant. We finagled an outside table overlooking Boylston Streeet…and the parade. It was a surprisingly long parade because we finished eating and it was still going on. I can understand a parade of this size in Toronto, which has an entire GreekTown. But Boston? Then again, the parade was pretty sparse, with large gaps between groups. And there were no spectators watching like you’ll find at the St. Patrick’s Day Parade or Gay Pride Parade. Maybe that’s because all of the Greeks were actually in the parade?

Anyway, Chris and I went our separate ways and I watched a bit more of the parade before heading into the residential areas of the Back Bay to take pictures.

All in all, it was a nice diversion since Randy was in Virginia this weekend visiting his family. And I bet the closest he got to any sort of Greek pride this weekend was some feta cheese in a salad.

No Comments