Bedknobs and Broomsticks

I bought some art this weekend at the South End Open Studios. We were at a (mostly) sculpture gallery and there were various pieces for $150 – $3,000. But way in the back corner was table with similar looking pieces for only $20. Now, I couldn’t tell the difference between the piece I purchased and a piece toward the front of the gallery. So, I opted to get the most bang for my buck and bought the largest piece on the table.

At the time, i was inrigued by it’s shape (overall it’s roundish, but it folds in on its self on one side and there’s an irregular hole off to the side…kinda’ like Mount Saint Helens) and I liked it’s bronze color.

Of course, After purchasing it and showing it to my parents (who looks completely digusted) my mother said “it looks like an ass.”

…and now all I see is a big sun-tanned butt.

Oh well, it’s art and you’ll all be jealous when Christie’s sells it at auction for millions in just a few years.

The rest of the weekend was spent playing cards with my parents, disassembling the bed I loaned my parents when I moved in with Randy (so we can bring it to our new place), and attempting an afternoon at the beach. It was quite lovely. The sun was shining, the beach was nearly empty…but the win was coming straight off the ocean dropping the temperature substantially. Meanwhile, we had some chocolate cookies in a bag and the chips were all melting because of the direct sun. If there was no breeze (or at least a slight breze)  the sun itself would have made it nice and toasty.

Oh well. We only lasted about an hour so it didn’t provide enough time for me to bronze my ass to match my art.

1. Comment by Golden on September 22, 2009 1:05 pm

This post is useless without photos of said ass-art.

2. Comment by snarl on September 22, 2009 1:07 pm

The masterpiece will be revealed in the new townhouse (once it’s unpacked)! You will love it!

3. Comment by Lise Berg on September 23, 2009 10:42 am

I’m confused – what part of staring at a sun-burnt ass do you not like?