One Down, One to Go

My friend, Mark, left on bright and early on Tuesday morning (I left the house to bring him to the airport at 4:45 in the morning). All in all, it was a great trip, despite some pretty spectacular storms that roared through Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon.

It’s pretty pathetic that it takes out-of-town guests for Randy and me to explore our own city/region. Over the course of the four days I visited Boston Common, Quincy Market, Rose Kennedy Greenway, Harvard Museum of Natural History, Mount Auburn Cemetery, DeCordova Museum and Sculpture Garden, and downtown Concord.

And we should be able to continue playing tour guide as Randy’s (and my) friend, Kate, arrives from Chicago should arrive just after midnight. So far, we’ve got the Pride Parade planned for tomorrow, then we’re seeing a drag queen, Randy Roberts, at the Regent Theater, just two blocks from our home in Arlington. I’ve seen her scootering down the street dressed as Cher every summer in Provincetown for as long as I can remember. However, I’ve never gone to her shows. Since she’s going to be in my neighborhood, I figured this is as good a time to go as any.

I’m not sure what else we’ve got planned for Kate…Randy will take partial days at work on Monday and Tuesday (she leaves Tuesday night). Hopefully they’ll head towards Harvard Square and we can all get together for lunch at least one of those days.

And that’s my life, more or less.

1. Comment by Melody on June 11, 2010 10:46 am

Sounds like it should be a fun weekend. Enjoy!

2. Comment by Randy on June 11, 2010 11:25 am

and busy weekend too