Snip, Snip

Does anybody else dread getting hair cuts? It really is an irrational fear of mine. The worst hair cut experience I ever had was when I was a child and went to the local barber. It was the early/mid 1980’s and my hair was a bit, um, big at the time. But I didn’t want to look drastically different so I only had him trim it. I paid, tipped, and walked home. But my mom didn’t approve of the length and made me go back to chop more off. I was mortified.

But that’s the worse hair cut experience I ever had. Well, that same barber also used this small metal device to remove blackheads from within the ear and that damn thing hurt like a mother-hushyourmouth.

Anyway, I personally have never had a haircut that came out so bad that I was too humiliated to be seen in public. I suppose that’s the advantage to short men’s haircuts; there’s little that can go wrong. Still, I have fears.

When my cousin was 10 or so his elderly barber snipped his ear with the scissors and he had to get stitches. But it never happened to me. I’ve had friends get horrible dye jobs and bad perms. But I’ve never dyed or curled my hair.

There was one time on Newbury Street where the stylist used to intentionally rub his crotch against my arm (which was on the arm rest). But I suppose that’s not a bad thing…hell, it may have been the reason I returned numerous times.

So, I suppose you can get where I’m going with this post:

I need a haircut.

I miss the days when I used to use an electric  trimmer I’d purchased and cut my own hair (no, it wasn’t a Flowbee). But my hair would end up the same length front to back and Randy disapproved. HMM – maybe I actually have had a bad haircut, and a consistently bad one at that,  for 3 years?

1. Comment by Randy on July 30, 2010 1:06 pm

you can go back and save your 15 dollars ever 6 weeks.. But I wouldn’t call it bad, just not as nice as a professional one. At least they do some styling.

2. Comment by Jeffrey on July 30, 2010 3:12 pm

I hate getting haircuts but I love the feeling of chunks of hair falling off my head.