Half Way There

There are so many things in my life right now that are partially complete:

1 – My cold. I think the worst of it is over. It’s been a full week and a half since my first sniffle. I generally feel better, but i’m surprised at the amount of phlegm that still, um, dislodges itself every morning in the shower.

2 – Randy’s business trip to Korea and Japan. He’s been gone nearly a week already, and still won’t be back until a week from today. Ugh – The duration of these Asia trips really stink. Even worse, it’s damn near impossible to talk because being 14 hours apart he’s asleep while I’m awake and I’m asleep when he’s awake. The only time we overlap is when we’re either getting ready for work or commuting home from work. Not too convenient.

3 – Replacing our carpet with hardwood flooring. Finally, after well over a year living here we’re finally moving forward with replacing our hideous carpeting (who picks off-white?). The work hasn’t begun yet, but just today I placed the order for the materials. If all goes as planned, the stairs will be done next week and the floors the week after.

4 – Vacation planning. We’ve got about 90% of our trip to Mexico already planned. And now that we’ve booked tickets for our trip to Hawaii this summer and the travel guide I purchased has arrived, I’m now working on planning the itinerary. Any suggestions? (we’ll be visiting the Big Island and Oahu).

Phew – lots going on. So many unfinished things – I’m such a slacker.

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Golden on January 13, 2011 9:51 pm

I hear you on the off-white carpet. Who the hell picks that for a house with kids in suburbia? It’s days are numbered here.