Who Took My Month?

Seriously? How the hell did a full month pass since my last post?

Things have been a bit busy since then (though, admittedly not so busy that I coudn’t have posted). We went to Portland and Peaks Island, Maine, for Memorial Day weekend. The following weekend we had a guest from New York stay with us for 3 days. Then Randy went to Tennessee to visit his brother while I went to the Cape to visit my parents.

And then there has been all of the wedding preparations. We really thought we were organizing the most low key wedding you could imagine: small, immediate family only, no tuxedos, etc…. But as the date keeps approaching we’re either realizing that no matter how small you make it, it becomes time-consuming. Who knew that deciding on what sort of casual clothes to wear could be a job that take multiple weekends worth of shopping? I guess Randy and I have different ideas of what constitutes casual. I’m wanting timeless casual…something we can look back on in 10, 20, 30 years and not have people laugh hysterically at our clothes (think 1970’s prom).

My idea of timeless casual is on the preppy side (Oxford shirts). Randy says that’s too Cape Cod preppy.

Hence multiple weekends.

But I think we’ve figured it out. And now Randy’s family arrives tomorrow for 6 days. Then my family arrives in the area (though staying elsewhere) on Sunday for two days.

mmm – Hawaii is looking more and more appealing right now. One month from today! WOO HOO!

1 Comment(s)

1. Comment by Melody on July 19, 2011 1:49 pm

Helloo!!!!!!

This once a month thing sucks buddy. What is going on with you? People want to know!!