Stop Torture » Blog Archive » Harvard Law Faculty Letter Urges Senate to Call for Accountability on Waterboarding

Stop Torture

The Harvard Anti-Torture Coalition

Harvard Law Faculty Letter Urges Senate to Call for Accountability on Waterboarding

Posted by stoptorture on October 17th, 2007

A group of five Harvard Law School faculty members sent a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee last Friday, October 12, 2007, urging Senators to demand that Mr. Mukasey–who faced his first confirmation hearing for the position of Attorney General this Wednesday, October 17, 2007–investigate and punish the authorization, ordering, and use of waterboarding, a technique the U.S. has a history of prosecuting as a war crime.

See the letter here.

For the most accurate coverage of the hearings so far, see Slate’s The Senate Runs into the Arms of Michael Mukasey.

Waterboarding in Vietnam

Soldiers in Vietnam use the waterboarding technique on an uncooperative enemy suspect near Da Nang in 1968 to try to obtain information from him. (United Press International) [Washington Post article]

305 Responses to “Harvard Law Faculty Letter Urges Senate to Call for Accountability on Waterboarding”

1. weight loss Says:

I am not rattling fantastic with English but I find this real easy to translate.

2. Xenia Mears Says:

Needed to put you one very small observation to lastly thank you once again over the nice tactics you have got shared on this web page. It has been remarkably open-handed of folks like you giving openly just what a lot of us would’ve distributed as an e-book to obtain some dough on their very own, principally given that you might properly have carried out it if you happen to deemed important. These points in addition worked as a amazing method to totally grasp that many people have exactly the same keenness just like mine to know quite much significantly more in terms of this concern. I’m particular there are many much more pleasurable times ahead for a lot of who take a look at your weblog.

3. taylormade putters Says:

I have been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thanks , Iíll try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?

4. ezani dhe ikameti Says:

Heya i am for the primary time here. I found this board and I in finding It really helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others like you aided me.

5. Diablo 3 Map hack Says:

Wow…..

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking all over for this! Thank goodness I found it on Bing. You have made my day! Thanks again! “All that is gold does not glitter not all those that wander are lost.” by J. R. R. Tolkien….