Stop Torture

The Harvard Anti-Torture Coalition

Fools on the Hill: Mukasey Rejects Congressional Demand for Information on CIA Tapes Investigation

Posted by stoptorture on December 14th, 2007

NYTimes reports today.

We warned you, Chuck Schumer. Dianne Feinstein. Mukasey’s playing a fun wordgame again, claiming that by blocking Congressional inquiries and refusing to respond to the scandal of torture and cover-up, he simply refrains from “being political”– just like he promised in his confirmation hearings. Clever.

Meanwhile, in very (ahem) apolitical character, Mukasey published an op/ed in today’s LA Times, calling for Congress to enact FISA reform, ie. to push the bill that amnesties the telecom companies and institutionalizes our overseas warrantless wiretapping program. So Mukasey can meddle in Congress’ affairs, but Congress can’t meddle with his? That is, he can be political whenever he chooses to be?

Are McCain, Specter, and all those who claimed to trust that Mukasey, this independent, upright character would keep his promises and come out strong against torture and spying as soon as he took office — are they liars, or simply the biggest fools on the hill?

4 Responses to “Fools on the Hill: Mukasey Rejects Congressional Demand for Information on CIA Tapes Investigation”

1. facesitting Says:

I found your blog Monday and started follow your posts regularly. I have not commented on any blog just yet but I was thinking I would love to. It’s really exciting to actually contribute to a article even if it’s only a blog. I really don’t know exactly what to write other than I genuinely enjoyed reading through 2 of the posts. Nice posts indeed. I sure will keep visiting your blog regularly. I learned quite a bit from you. Thank you!

2. Teddy Yepez Says:

Seo wants a great search engine optimizer plan. Simply considered one of these methods can make a big distinction in your websites place and firm your website brings you.

3. Diamond Hazim Says:

Currently I do not like what you’ve posted, you will be making fine factors but I are unable to concur with all the fundamental assertion, it truly is purely not real.

4. Car Storage in Mesquite Says:

Certainly James, you will be right with what you really are trying to say but I guess it is best to carry our opinion than say it when it is only meant to hurt the feelings of some others. Just forget it for the time being since it will work you no good. With respect to you Jane, you betterreach out trying to have a forgiving heart.
    I might instead decide to say a little something concerning this John rather than just continue to keep noiseless and appear insensitive. Pardon me for my words.