Devalue blogs on google?

More discussion of this with a pinch of politics added. Will it happen? In the 10 things that google has found to be true, “Focus on the user and all else will follow” is 1 and “You can make money without doing evil” is 6th.

Focus on the user Inorder to decide on the fate of blogs on google, let us look at what the users want. If I am searching for “NEC tablet”, will I want a post from a famous blogger or, a post by someone, which got lots of links, or no results from blogs?
As a buyer I would trust an independent source more than the NEC site, so I need blogs / independant review sites in my results. I would be less interested in a post by a famous blogger than a post which got lots of links. I think google is already doing this effectively.

Is it evil? The next question is will devaluing blogs be considered as evil? This is where public opinion comes in. If lots of people think it is evil, it is.
I think it is. If the majority of the people also think the same, google cannot damage its carefully constructed “good” google image. The people who decide this are mostly bloggers. You can predict what their vote will be. Unless google gets lots of feedback from other sources, that devaluing blogs is good, it is pretty unlikely that it will happen.

Devalue blogs on google? …