Another silly online quiz: politics

Tracing various blogposts back from an entry of Shelley’s, Truth Hurts, which deals with a recent Forbes article (Attack of the Blogs) that libels bloggers — well, ok, it tars ’em with a rather undifferentiating brush — I landed on Doc Searls’s commentary on same. But since I wasn’t really interested in what Forbes‘s writer had to say, I naturally let myself become instantly distracted by yet another quiz, which I found on Doc’s pages: the OkCupid Politics test. Below are “my” results. What I can’t figure out is why a score of 16%-permissive makes me an “economic liberal.” Is that a joke? With 75%-permissive in the “social liberal” category, I can fathom the label. But for economics? Circulation of money is a good thing, isn’t it? And while I want money to flow and to circulate freely, I actually also consider myself fiscally conservative (in the old-fashioned sense of the word “conservative,” to conserve). Perhaps one gets the economic liberal label if one’s answers are anti-corporatist, even as one also indicates that government has a role to play in supporting the arts? Maybe just thinking about the arts at all, vs. leaving them out of the picture gets one the label? Maybe thinking that homelessness isn’t something people bring on themselves also flags one?

Whatever. Here’s a pretty diagram. In the end the quiz amused me, for in the results page there is the option of clicking on “famous people,” which calls up a collage of faces. I’m smack-dab on Hillary Clinton’s mouth. A mouthpiece, I guess… Just think: a little more to the centre, and I could have been the birthmark on Mikhail Gorbachev’s forehead: sort of an Athena, fully formed from a defect.

You are a
Social Liberal
(75% permissive)

and an…
Economic Liberal
(16% permissive)

You are best described as a:

Socialist

Link: The Politics Test on Ok Cupid
Also: The OkCupid Dating Persona Test

No Comments yet