Holiday cheer

December 15, 2005 at 9:59 am | In yulelogStories | 4 Comments

Tired of those boring old ecumenically-correct “holiday” wishes, those “season’s greetings” that don’t convey what you really believe?

Dean Landsman has the perfect may-your-wishes-come-true holiday greeting for the rest of us — and no, it’s not just any old Festivus greeting, either. It’s a good’un: take a look and see what I mean…

Edit: I guess I should include a link to Festivus, just in case you, gentle reader, are one of the rest-of-yous (i.e., clueless as to the finer points of faith…).

1. As a demon i am well aware that there is a Creator of the Universe and that it is part process and part intelligence. The thing that irks me and makes the acids in my stomachs boil is the hubris of Mankind to try to make that Creator in their own image. As if the intelligence that set the Universe in motion would pick HUMANS above all the other races that dot the galaxies with their uniqueness.

Hubris my dear lady is what caused the fall of man.

Cavalor Epthith
    Editor-in-Chief
    The Dis Brimstone-Daily Pitchfork

Comment by Cavalor Epthith — December 18, 2005 #

2. interesting comments you get Yule. Wanted to say Happy Festivus!

Comment by Shelley — December 20, 2005 #

3. Happy Festivus, indeed, Shelley…

Cavalor, you might like this dialogue between Gaia and Jehovah by Barbara Julian, a fellow Victoria, BC citizen. You must know these folks, er, gods (G & I); tell us if you think Barbara got the tone right. I think she managed quite well!

Comment by Yule Heibel — December 20, 2005 #

4. Ms Julian got more than just the tone correct, she nailed the problem of purity and how it relates to many of those who worpship He Whose Name Shall Not Be Spoken in Hell. A very fine job indeed!
    A frisky tail flick to you both!

Comment by Cavalor Epthith — December 22, 2005 #