Victoria’s Focus Magazine now online

January 2, 2009 at 11:55 pm | In FOCUS_Magazine, housekeeping, victoria, writing | 2 Comments

In a move that surprised me pleasantly, Focus Magazine – the Victoria/ South Island magazine to which I contribute monthly – has a new website where readers can download (in PDF) the entire magazine, just as it appears in print.

It’s a new feature. On the site, they included not just the current (January 2009 – PDF) issue, but also last month’s (December 2008 – PDF). Focus Magazine is the best monthly covering people, ideas, and culture in Victoria, BC. There’s a lot packed into its pages, by many engaged writers.

PS: I still plan to upload my articles individually (to Scribd), with the current article going up soon.

PPS: I just noticed that the PDF downloads are called “previous” and “current” issues, which makes me think that the issues won’t be archived month-to-month on Focus‘s website. So if readers are interested, download copies while they’re up – they might be gone in a month (or two).

1. That is good news indeed!

Comment by Davin — January 3, 2009 #

2. Focus is such a great magazine – I’m glad that past issues are now accessible.

What do you think the reason for the success of this informative and engaging publication is?

Comment by Naomi — January 4, 2009 #